Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Vacation

My extended family goes on vacation every summer for the weekend in Daytona. In the past I have always gone but kinda didn't have as much fun because of my size. This year I wasn't going to go but then I said to hell with it, I am going to enjoy my last vacation as a fat person. I am going to bring my laptop and journal and take notes of stares, things I couldn't do and ways that being fat has held me back....it will be great to read when I have surgery and get that initial "what have I done to myself?!!" I am also going to try and have fun where I can. My daily walk will be nice to go on the beach, maybe get a tan. It will be a positive experience either way!

Right now I feel like a firework...already feel like I have lost 100 pounds though it's only been 30...and I still have 15 before I can have my surgery....but I already feel a little more girly...excited. Listening to my daughters cd's and bopping around like I'm 16 lol.

5 comments:

  1. You go girl!! Definitely go and have fun! Don't worry about the stares, those that stare are not worth worrying about....I know that it is hard, but like you said, you WILL lose the weight and look great. You will still be beautiful inside and out, and they will still be petty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi, you're such a sweetheart. I tried to comment on your blog yesterday but got an error message. I wil try again today but just wanted to say thanks for the support!! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My advice? Take lots of pictures of yourself! Someday soon when you're a skinny little thing, you're going to need these vacation "before" pictures to compare yourself to. In the meantime, let yourself cut loose a little bit and have a good time.
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea thanks Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jenny!! I hope that you don't continue to have problems trying to access my blog. I know that I have gotten 3 comments on my blog post from last night....???

    ReplyDelete