Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Too much time to think

You know, I think a big part of my issue is too much time to think. WLS isn't something that you decide to do on Monday and it's done by Friday....if it as I would have an easier time...but there is a big waiting period from when you decide to have surgery, getting all you pre-op testing done and actually getting a surgery date. During that time you are given some tests to complete, some letters to gather and lots of time to think....and think....oh and, THINK!

I have thought my heart out...thought about all the risks involved, thought what my family would do without me, thought about what I will eat before and after surgery, thought about what my new life will be like when I lose weight....thought and thought and thought...which makes me exited but also gives me time to get nervous. But I'm feeling better now, thanks to advice here and at Vertical Sleeve Talk. I really believe I am making the right choice for me! I also believe God will be with me and not let anything happen to me that's not meant to be.

If you are awaiting your surgery and stuck thinking too much:

1. Make a Collage of your goals for your new life
2. Join a forum or online group for others who are having or had weight loss surgery
3. Get on twitter and talk to others in the same boat #wls
4. Get a book on WLS from the local library or AMAZON
5. make a list of all the things you are going to do at GOAL weight.
6 plan a future trip or cruise once you have reached goal. (even if it's just a dream!)
7. work on losing weight now
8. take a walk :) DANCE exercise!
9. go to a second hand shop and buy a goal outfit!
10. Pray!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect post for the patient-in-waiting. One thing I couldn't stop doing pre-op was researching and watching other's videos, imagining I would be going through some of the same stuff, or not, that they were.

    ReplyDelete