Saturday, May 21, 2011

ehhhh

I have continued to walk daily and have not eaten any sugar or flour since May 5th. It's getting a little easier to motivate myself to walk every day, it kind of feels like my hobby now instead of a chore. I find that my body doesn't hurt as much and I'm getting more energy. It's not so bad. lol

sooo....

I talked to my parents and they seem really worried about me having surgery, which really makes me worry even more....even to the point of not doing it. I have had my doubt for the past couple of days but, I really want my life to change. The big question people are asking me is, "can't you do it on your own?" If I could,  think I would have by now. I mean yeah, I am working and this is just another tool but isn't it a BIG tool that could help me a lot? As of now, I'm still going through the steps to have surgery...and praying that if it's not meant to be there will be a road block that stops me from having surgery. I'm just so nervous, who ever said this is the "easy way out" has never been here before!! It's a lot of work, it's scary and then there is all the stuff that comes after surgery, like pain, learning what you can eat, and all the other things I haven't dealt with yet.

6 comments:

  1. It's definitely a scary thing. However, so is being morbidly obese.

    It's okay to be nervous. It's a major operation. But, it's also done a lot. So I suggest you just make sure you trust your surgeon.

    I know I could NEVER EVER of lost the amount of weigh I have so far without my sleeve. So, while I had some fears about surgery, i also had to be realistic and know if I didn't have this surgery far more worse things could happen due to my weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true. And I do have a lot of health problems due to my weight already....

    Thanks hun!! I appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, just found your blgo from VST. Congrats on getting ready to make some changes to your life. You will not regret having surgery (or if you do I believe it will be temporary) and you are right, it IS scary. It is a huge deal, like Jes said, a major operation. But the benefits of eating small meals and losing weight are soooooo worth the effort it takes to have surgery and change your life.

    I have a blog too if you want to check it out. Best of luck to you going forward!

    http://thisonebody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen...
    I had my vsg on May 10, 2011. I even had second thoughts as I was lying on the operating table and started feeling my eyelids get heavy..."am I really ready for this? isn't this a bit drastic?? Can't I do this on my own???"
    Luckily I was out before I could say anything. I would have regreted it for the rest of my life. Truth is that yes, I was ready for this, and yes, it was a bit drastic, and yes, I could have done this on my own, but only to a degree. I knew I could lose the weight, but this tool is what is keeping me focused and not allowing me to give up. When I feel a bit of temptation, there is now no way I can give in and decide to just start again tomorrow....this time around, there is no looking back...I'm truly in it for the long haul. If I can do this...you can easily do it! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ya'll...I realy needed the encouragement right now!! Much appreciated! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete