Sunday, May 15, 2011

436.8

today I am at 436.8 which means only 16.2 more lbs. to lose before surgery!!

I got a letter in the mail yesterday for my Gastric Emptying test. I am to eat 2 eggs, toast, jelly and liquid at the hospital then they will take images in 1,2, and 4 hours. I'm not sure exactly why this test is required but I am doing whatever they tell me. Heck if they told me to stand on my head for this I would sure as heck try...lol.

It's funny because I have had the opportunity to have surgery for so long and I have weighed it over in my mind and never went for it, I guess there is just a time when you finally had enough....wish I had done it years ago but then I see people much older than me going for it so I'm also I didn't wait that long. I am in my early 30's by the way :).

did I mention I CAN'T WAIT to start my new life???

2 comments:

  1. Yay New life is coming soon! I never had to have a gastric emptying test so I am not sure about that but I agree when your ready for WLS whatever they ask you do! You are melting that weight of and will have a new date in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny!! I just found your blog through another blog that I Follow, and I am now Following you too!

    I didn't have VSG Surgery, I had the Lap Band on Nov 19th, 2009. But if VSG had been an option then, I am sure that I would have had it rather than the Lap Band. Not to say anything wrong with it, but I think that VSG would have been a better solution for me too!!

    Good luck in your quest for VSG Surgery! You are doing great and I am sure that you will reach your minimum weight goal before the Surgeon will set you date, really soon!!

    Debi: http://hawaiiboundbandster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete